Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year

Guess I should make a post about my goals for 2012 and what I achieved this year.

Well this year I got into trout fishing, carp fishing and fly fishing. I used to manly fish for bass but that changed this year. I started fishing for carp on doughball that I had made and did very well. I fished for them with four pound test and they put up some of the best fights I have every felt. I started fishing for trout alot more this year. I was out almost everyday after school fishing for them. I love catching trout and I love the feeling you get when you see them jump completely out of the water. And finally about fly fishing. I have had a fly rod for 2 years now and never took it out to use it, why? I don't know, possibly because I didn't want to get step outside the box. Well I did, and I am very glad I did. I caught some trout and a steelhead on the fly so far, and the steelhead was on a fly I tied.

My fishing goals for last year.
Catch 100 trout. Only caught 78, but I am happy with that.
Start fly fishing. Success
Catch a fish on a fly I tied. Success


My goals for 2012
Catch 150 trout. Need to aim high.
Catch a carp and a bass on the fly rod.
Improve my fly tying abilities, and learn new patterns.
Go to three other states and catch trout for my trout in every state lifetime goal.









No comments:

Post a Comment