Monday, March 11, 2013

It has begun

I helped the PFBC stock trout in a local creek last Wednesday, and then fished for a few hours after in the DHALO section of the creek. I managed 5, 4 on a stonefly nymph and 1 on a conehead woolly bugger I had tied. I took my brother out the next day and managed six, I did use my spinning rod this time and landed 6 on trout magnet. I haven't fished creeks with my spinning rod in a while, I thoroughly enjoyed using it again, brought me back to when I first started fishing.

This past Saturday I went out with a few friends who are home for spring break. We went out to Laurel Hill Creek and helped stock that also, then fished it too. I managed 21 trout on a variety of different patterns and between the two of them they got 16. I felt pretty good about my fishing abilities to say the least. They were pretty stacked up seeing as they were just recently thrown in and drifting nymphs or twitching woolly bugger in front of their faces tended to set them off. I will probably be making my next trip up to Meadow run alone, my buddies "forgot" they were going to Gettysburg with their family. Hopefully I will get a few up their to add to my trout count. So far I have 38 trout, almost at my opening day score from last year.

A few flies I tied up



No comments:

Post a Comment