Thursday, March 22, 2012

Opening Day

Every year around this time I start to lose sleep over fishing. I know its opening day and fishing might not be the right word for it but it is what got me into fishing. It really isn't the catching either, it's more about having a fun time with your friends, and then its about who can catch the most. 35 was the highest last year, I lost with thirty so hopefully I can beat my friends this year.

I was just out scoping out a spot for us to fish, have to find a nice hole that is small enough for 4 or 5 people to box everyone else out. I might be a jerk for saying that, but I it when you can't be loud and obnoxious because old or young ears are around so if no one else can fish there, it's better off. I did find a nice spot that we could fish, the only problem is there was a pali in there which means everyone has probably seen it too. Guess I will be getting up real early to get that spot.

Something I saw when I was out walking along the creek made me think back to when I was about 5 or 6. I saw a little girl and what I believe to be her aunt and uncle playing pooh sticks. You might have no idea what pooh sticks is so I'll tell you. It's a game were you drop a stick on one side of a bridge and see whose stick gets to the other side first. Possibly the dumbest thing you have ever heard of, right? Wrong, I remember playing this when I was little and every time I go to this park I think about it, may be stupid to most people, but to some of us it brings back great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment