Saturday, March 17, 2012

Videos and Fishing

My two friends and I went to the Fly Fishing Film tour down at Cabela's this past sunday. I never went to one before and was curious to what it was going to be like. Well it was completely different from what I thought it was going to be, seemed like most of the things were advertisements for movies, but there were a few that looked incredibly awesome and I think I may actually get them. Will I go again? Probably, I thought it was neat, and Cabela's had it for free so if they have it again I don't see why I wouldn't.

The Tuesday following this three of my friends and I went to help stock trout. First time I ever did this too. Skipped a day of school to go stock trout and fish for a little. The WCO were very happy to have young guys there to help move the fish. The men that were there were all older and definitely did not look like they wanted to walk fish more than thirty feet. I had fun throwing the fish in and watching them swim, I will definitely do it again, just need to find a good day to skip school again.

We started fishing close to were we stocked and I have to say freshly stocked fish are a pain in the ass to catch. There was probably 100+ or so fish in front of us and I think we ended up with 10. Did catch three on the fly rod and had a good time doing so. One think I definitely noticed though was my fly casting still sucks, lost too many flies to count. Guess I will have to keep working on it, can't expect to be an expert over night. Also sorry no pictures, did think to take any at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment