Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I need to start writing more

I think I am just lazy, but as much as I love sitting down and writing a blog post, I hate it too. It is fun to tell your story for the millions of people on the internet to see, even though I might get about 6 or 7 to look at it consistently, but I guess I should just keep going since I like it. I do miss posts with pictures though, maybe that's why it;s harder to write. I think I need to invest in a water proof camera so I don't need to worry about breaking it.

Well then, went to Erie last Friday with my buddy Will, and let me tell you it was cold. The air was so bad it was the wind that got you. I believe it was around 25 or so degrees, but the wind chill was around 10. We arrived around 9:15 and started fishing by 9:30. We got there are just the right time because the bite started to pick up instantly. I lost 3 or 4 during the next 2 hours and my buddy managed to get 1 with a few lost. I had one fish break off and I guess he thought it would be funny to sit right in front of me, and obviously it was the first one I had on. I had to look at his dumb ass for 2 hours straight sitting there with my hook in its mouth. Well my feet started to freeze of so we headed to the car for some lunch and drove to get some gas so we had a little time to warm up. When we got back we decided we would try further up the creek. We saw 2 fish and said the hell with it and went back down to were we started. We each had a few more hook ups but none of them wanted to come in. It was almost pitch black and we decided we should probably call it a day. We ran to the nearest McDonalds and grabbed our favorite meal, the Premium Chicken Sandwich, that thing is delicious, give it a try trust me. All in all we only managed 1 fish that my buddy caught and a smolt that I caught, lucky me 2 times in a row now I've caught a smolt.

Looks like I will be going up Thursday and Friday with my grandfather, but that is weather depending, this warmer weather coming could make or break the creeks. Hopefully the weather is in favor of us and I want come back empty handed. Actually I will probably come back empty handed no matter what because I don't really think I want to spend the time cleaning fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment