Tuesday, April 2, 2013

19 and a smallie

Went fishing a few more times, didn't write about any of them, nothing amazing happened though. First trip landed 2 more trout uping my count to 58. Then went to the river a few times with nothing to show, not even a hit.

I did go out to Pike run again today and did pretty well. I landed three trout and a smallmouth. The one trout hit 19 inches, my second best on the fly rod, the other being a steelhead. I caught 2 more average trout after that, and then out of the blue landed a 12 to 13 inch smallmouth. Surprised me, but I was excited, new fish on the fly for me, so I won't complain about the size. I will probably be getting back out Thursday, not sure where I will be going but I would like to get out again. Opening day will be here soon opening up my possible streams a lot, pretty excited for that, but the best part of the post, I finally got some pictures, only 2 but enjoy.



The three trout today make a total of 61, slowly but surely getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment